Here in Lifetime Dental located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA we always strive to give the best possible options to our patients based on their needs. So if you have lost a tooth or two, we may recommend dental implants for more natural-looking replacement teeth.
Dental implants are considered the best solution for missing teeth. An implant can provide a robust foundation for your replacement tooth. It looks like a screw made of titanium and it will be surgically implanted in the jaw bone to fuse with the bone tissue. If you are looking for a teeth replacement that can last a lifetime, you may want to consider dental implants.
Dental implants are among the most elaborate oral surgery procedures and it will require several appointments with your dentist.
- The initial step is to develop an individualized treatment plan to address the patient’s specific needs. An assessment of your teeth will be made during the first consultation. X-rays might also be needed to make a more accurate evaluation of your teeth.
- Next, the damaged tooth (if there is any) must be extracted. If your tooth has already been extracted ahead of time, then we can proceed to the next step.
- When it’s time to insert the implant, the implant site will be administered with anesthesia so you won’t feel any pain. An incision is then made in the gums where the titanium screw will be placed.
- As the jawbone heals, the implant will begin to fuse with the bone tissue. This process can take anywhere from 6-12 weeks. In the meantime, your dentist will place a temporary cover on the area.
- After the surgical area has healed completely and the implant has bonded totally to the jawbone, an abutment will be placed over the implant.
- Finally, your dentist will place a permanent crown over the abutment using dental cement. You’ll leave our office with permanent replacement teeth.
Although the process may seem tedious and complicated, the outcome will make everything worthwhile. You’ll have replacement teeth that look and feel natural, and are just as strong as your other healthy teeth. You’ll also be able to eat your favorite foods, speak more clearly and smile more confidently.
If you are interested in getting dental implants, please feel free to contact Dr. Afzali here at Lifetime Dental by calling (909) 483-0812.